start with the first post and work your way forward.

Friday, May 16, 2008

post two - the letter

Dear Friend,

I would love to partner in ministry with you this summer.

My friend Chris Bannon sent me an email urging me to look into a nine-week summer internship with an organization called Hartford City Mission. Open to the plans God would have for me for the summer, I prayed, and asked my friends at school and my family to pray as well. As we continued to pray through the course of the month, I felt a heavy weight on my heart to be involved in the work that God is doing through Hartford City Mission (HCM) this summer. I can’t wait to begin working with them.

I will be arriving in Hartford on June 9th, spending the first week orienting myself with the city, HCM, and my team of four other people for the summer. The next seven weeks will be focused around planning and facilitating their new children’s camp during the day, and hosting community activities in the evenings.

There are a few ways you and I can partner this summer: if you would pray for me, the team I am serving with, HCM, the people we will interact with, and the city of Hartford, CT… that would be fantastic. Additionally, with any ministry there are physical needs as well. For me to be able to serve Hartford this summer, I need to raise at least 800 dollars.

I am asking you to pray for me, and if you feel led to give financially, please write a check to Hartford City Mission with my name (Steve Carroll), in the memo li ne. Please send it to HCM, PO Box 320397, Hartford, CT 06132.

Thanks,

Steve Carroll

www.hartfordcitymission.com

No comments: