start with the first post and work your way forward.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

post eight: first light

june 10, 2008 (tuesday morning)

it will be easy here to lose track of whta day it is. it's only the second day and already i feel like i don't know what day/date it is. i'm writing this in the morning. it's about 8 o clock now. i woke up at 7:30. i'm going to try to start a trend of waking up earlier, all the girls wake up in the morning to shower. i have the luxury of being able to shower at night. or a quick one after they're all done. we're doing devotions at 9 today. i'm leading. i've still got that thrice song, "moving mountains" stuck in my head, as well as a random third day song on the same theme. so i'll probably talk about it and read through a passage in philippians 1:9-10 about love, and in first chorinthians 13.

there's a no music rule for before 9am and after 10pm. this will be difficult fo me. i'm sused to staying up late and playing guitar... and having time to do it. since i'm erly now it's kind of sitting there staring at me. most nights will end earlier than 10, so i can play if i want to.

it's nice feeling free from answering my phone, checking my emails, or having to plan what i'm going to tdo today. God has blessed me a lot in that regard. no distractions. i get to focus on Him and the people around me.

i'm looking around my room now, amazed at how simle my packing list was. i have a couple notebooks, a bible, Jesus for President, a checkbook, guitar strings, picks, and a tuner... anyway... not a lot. i'd upload a picture, but i forgot my camera cable. mom, if you find it could you mail it to me? if not, that's okay too. anyway, off to shower.

things to pray for:
- that our love would grow in insight and knowledge
- cooler weather (they let school out early today. the schools here don't have air conditioning)

No comments: